Sign in to follow this  
Benerit

Units statistics of top40 players

My assumption: We can use statistics data of choosing units by top players to understands what units are more likely to give use advantage and achieve higher ranking.

This method is not perfect. Just a list of units in a player list won’t tell us anything how much times they are deployed or how much damage/cost they can cause. Also statistics won’t tell us if there are specific combinations of units that can be more efficient.  However we can discard the perfect balance picture and just assume that top players strategy is good enough to leverage pros and cons of each units.

Here are statistics. I have grouped units by their rarity due the fact that level of units might impact players choice and that level is direct result of cards availability (rarity)

5aba8d19d5a84_wairfairtop40.thumb.jpg.e15a572603bd569cbd7d212bc21e757c.jpg

My conclusions:

• Distribution of units: common 67%, rare 24%, epic 9%.

• Only Scylla from Epic units is widely used.  Probably is caused by the fact that average level of Epic unit is 3 vs 5-6 for rare and 8-9 for common. Level impact is higher than rarity unit gain. Or If we assume 9% of rare units on field is a good distribution than we should understand why Scylla is so overused.

• There are 11 rare units, however only 4 of them are widely used (83%). Those Athena and Firestarter (unique type offence units) and huskarl and freez-R (support units with time aspect)

• In common units we have better distribution and multiple strategies, however two units are totally not used – Windy and Ogre.

• I would recommend to better understand why some types of units are not used rather what to do to prevent people from too much using of particular type. We always will have some units in favour of others. However we should expect better distribution at low end of units list. If we want people to use more strategies – we should focus on units from end of the list.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Epic blueprints are too rare. It's relatively easy to upgrade your common units/abilities because you can request in clan 80-120 common blueprints per day. And you get them from chests every day. But i get/buy only 1-2 epic blueprints  per week. My epic units are too weak for current 2000+ meta.

• Like 1

Same is starting to happen with the rares lvl 7 rares just dont cut it anymore vs lvl 12 units etc.

• Like 1

basically chest and missions give 4 to 6 times more commons than rares and that is roughly 50%-66% of blueprints you get
but there is 13 commons (including supports) and 15 rares so the random distribution mean you get at least 5 times more common blueprints than rare blueprints while the cost is only 4 times higher till level 10 common/8 rare.

But that is balanced part. Completely out of whack it gets when we start considering requesting/donating.
You can request 40 common bp but only 4 rare bp at the time, so ratio is 10:1, acknowledgindg different requirements it still means you can get 1 level worth of common bp 2.5 times faster from requesting than rare bps

But, most important reason why it looks like this bp/level progression

up till lev 10 you have x2 bp for each level (800 for lev 10). So reaching lev 10 common cost 4 times mroe than level 8 rare

but lev 11 costs only 1000 bps while lev 9 gets 400. so ratio skews from 4:1 into 2.5:1

run your analysis again and compare how many rare units are used by people depending on what is their common units level. 

• Like 2