Sign in to follow this  
Gorzki

mass select

Sometimes it is difficult to micro through many units at once. would it be possible to create a way allowing to mark some area and draw a route for all units selected at once?

• Like 1

On smaller devices, the selection of units is hard, not sure it would make it easier.
Than, if you send all units selected on the same point -what will happen usually, they would be more vulnerable against splash damage ?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Agree, sometimes it's difficult to select from a group, so I usually try to not group my units in the first place :)

Selecting and commanding whole group at once may be usefull sometimes. But often it's counterproductive, I'm agree with Starfouine on this.

• Like 1

it depends on how it is done. Just adding the button to activate/deactivate mass selecting option solves or your worries.... seriously guys, everything may be implemented stupidly, that's not the reason not to do anything.

and yes, they will be subject to splash damage, but the same way they will be subjected for it if I send them 1 by 1 on precisely the same route and sometimes it is worth to take risk.

also with mass selection you can send all units to one target, deactivate mass selection and move few units the other way, what allows to easy split of the group without leaving units behind. 
Basically, with using a lot of cheap units I often feel the need to click in the corner, send the whole blob somewhere, click once more and change orders for few units to split the group.
Instead I just try to draw lines for every unit , I lose a lot of time I needed to micro units on the other half of the map and see that half of my units didn't move anyway and stay where they were. 

• Like 1