ShahBlitz

A solution for nerfed Firestarter & Athena

Hi all, Shah here.

So there i was, music being blasted in the background, Whiskey on hand and doing some warfair missions.... (lol)

and I was thinking..... WHY are firestarters and athenas not being used as often as before???

and then i realized why! They arent worth the creds that they were set out to be initially! 

Thusly, my remedy to everyones frustration!

Make Firestarter & Athena Cheaper!

I recommend them to be 130 creds like the Grenadier

Maybe even less. 

Suggestions? Ideas? anyone with a better Price they can recommend?

• Like 1

Maybe i would use a athena again for 130 creds, firestarter maybe if it costs 100 or something but even then im not sure if they are oke. And yes i understand 100 wont work because then on lower lvl you get a 3 firestarter rush, and i think you want to avoid that.

• Like 1

my problem with athena is not that it is too weak, but that it does work only against weak players (and tbh against weak players you don't need something excellent)
the problem stems from it's small range. Even smallest sidestep from the predicted route, even minimal miscalculation of path or timing (timing is harder) and athena misses the target completely and takes the pounding.

It requires skill to use obviously - but any skilled opponent will counter it and no amount of skill will help in that. I think  a range buff to 4 instead of 3 would allow to some other nerfs to keep it balanced at wider range of both players skill ratio (it would increase usefulness for weak players and against good players while overall nerfs would cripple it for good players using it against bad players)

• Like 1

About Athena, I agree with Gorsky. For the same cost, a slightly larger area of effect could balance the nerf without making it an op unit. Now it is not cost effective. Lower price unit, not  good idea because it is useless against generator. Having only two on battlefield is enough however you'll never win. Maybe a buff on the shield regeneration would be worth it (+10/20%).

For Firestarter, I have mixed feelings. It is a weapon players get very early in the game and a very efficient one. We still have in mind the lethal double firestarter opening ; for the moment I think 150 is good to make it efficient for player under 2000pts. We already talked about it on alliance feed, but as we are playing since a while in league level, we forgot the lower level ; with only three time more players the challenge to get to HD2000 will be higher and the Firestarter will stay a very cost effective unit, even after it has been nerfed.

• Like 2

I don't think reducing Athena's cost will solve anytning. Because we got one short-range, high mobile unit with splash damage that cost 100 -I mean kamikaze. Less than 2000 shields on athena make it one-time use unit anyway. Even enhancing range wont do much, because it will still be useful only to control chokes and farm antimatter. But it wont stop horde of buggies. It just needs more shields to survive.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

yea but all you guy are talking about is about buffing athena and firestarter. 

If they dont plan to though ATLEAST make it cheaper so that we dont have to consider spending 150crystal in game over other units (ie tank, missler, huskrel)

Having the same price as a grenadier sounds fair to me. For both athena and firestarter

Edited by ShahBlitz
  • Like 1

After the patch what do you guys think about it? Firestarter is even worse now so i would say make it cost between 120 to 135.  Athena has become a little better, imo she should cost 135 or 140.

• Like 1

Firestarter even level 8 is bit meh. Athenas even level 7 are useful. At least I like them. Almost have level 8 Athenas ;)

• Like 1

I don't think Athena is useless as it is right now, but its just better to send two buggies for 160 then one athena. So the real problem of fast, high damage units is that when you have to choose between one athena, one firestarter or two buggies, buggies will always win. They are just too cheap/too poweful.

• Like 1

buggies are not too powerful (in terms raw power). they are universal.
great dpm per cost, quick and being able to attack both air and ground make skyfighter, scylla and bomber practically useless while buggies intended enemies seems to be light ground units

so light tank is great at killing buggies in an anti buggy setup, but will not replace buggies cause it doesn't shoot air

air units in general have too many enemies already