Sign in to follow this  
ShahBlitz

Firestarters nerfed to extinction

As the title says Ladies & Gents.

they require retweaking again.

I recommend instead of the 19% nerf, perhaps a 10% nerf would've been more viable but only to their attack. and keep the hp as it was prior to the nerf. it made them formidable enough to tank. 

anyhow, suggestions? comments?

7 hours ago, ShahBlitz said:

As the title says Ladies & Gents.

they require retweaking again.

I recommend instead of the 19% nerf, perhaps a 10% nerf would've been more viable but only to their attack. and keep the hp as it was prior to the nerf. it made them formidable enough to tank. 

anyhow, suggestions? comments?

CORRECTION - 

why not make firestarters cause -75% damage to generators?

after playing without firestarters for a long time i realize other units will require nerfing and buffing to balance out the lack of firestarters in most games.

HOW about bringing back the original stats of the firestarter? BUT instead, have it cause significantly less damage to generators? 

OR , keep the hp nerf the way it is BUT bring the original damage of the firestarter back BUT have it to -75% damage to generators?

• Like 1

I agree that the firestarter needs to get back to there old stats with a -75% burn damge vs generators. Whats happening now (end game)  is firestarters used to be used to kill light units flakkers and buggies mostly, now 2 buggies will kill 1 firestarter so the counter to buggies is gone.

Now the buggies are op, and because there are a lot of buggie players now the skyfighters are bad. So people/dev will shout/nerf the buggies because just spamming those is almost enough to win most fights. If that happens the counter to skyfighters is gone and the skyfighters will become op. Then the nerf will hit the skyfighter and that means the counter to the bomber is gone etc.

Thats the problem with nerfing, and the reason i am against big nerfing moves.

Hopefully you will restore the firestarter to what it was, a counter to light units and if at lower lvl gameplay they do to much dam to towers maybe even make towers burn imune.

• Like 2

dunno, I liked firestarters as anti generator weapon, not neccessary anti-buggy weapon.

If you really look for what can be also done to increase firestarters in anti buggy role we can consider adding malus to burning units (burning buggies will have reduced rof) or changing firestarter to heavy

What I would like to suggest would  be to focus on buffing instead of nerfing.

Each unit should have it's UI (Usefulness Index). After each battle between players the value of defeated player's ranking should be added to UI of each unit used by victorious player. After few seasons units with lowest UI should be buffed.
This would buf not neccessarily weakest units - but least used units. Buffs should be minor, not to destroy balance, but gradually more units would be deemed competitive which will increase fun for everybody

• Like 1