Sign in to follow this  
ShahBlitz

Player Ratings + Wait timer

Sooooo, I was thinking....

In my opinion the wait time be 40 seconds bofore the option to play pirates pops up. It was good enough before. i dont think anyone complained about it

AS for ratings, I recommend 2 things. a 300 rating difference between players to verse each other AND once players have reached 2k, the rating difference should scale to +500 and -300 . so 2000 raters would challenge down to 1700raters while they compete against up to 2500 raters.

Same goes for 3000 rating players.

HOWEVER, after reaching 4000+ in rating i recommend you scale the rating difference at +1000 -300. so anyone up to 5000 in rating can be challenged.

Thoughts? Suggestions? 

scaling can differ and rating differemce can differ. but it should still be within the norms so that ratimg points can ATLEAST be +11 and beyond :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I also think there should be a higher minimum points you can earn, 5 points per battle is just soo low make it 15 points but let the lower trofie player lose only 10.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ShahBlitz said:

the rating difference should scale to +500 and -300

It have to be symmetrical for both players. If you have rating 2300 and +500 upper bound, then you can be matched with 2800 player. But 2800 player can be matched with lower bound -300 only with 2500 player. So, 2300 and 2800 can not be matched with each other.

• Like 1

how about a +500 - 500  at 2500+ ratings then. and a +500 -300 for a 2000 rater to 2499 rater. that way anything less then 2000 is not often challenged but a 2000 rater is challenged more often. Its unfair for the 2000+ rater but you can comsider it as a sort of transition point. a mini challenge of a sort. not soo bad i think

• Like 1

shah, you are trying to forcesolve a problem that you have not enough players to compete with, by creating another problem - forcing battles no one likes to play

Please, check (at wiki for example) how ELO ranking works, because the idea for rating here is similar:
The rating difference should (in long enough time) show skill difference
Skill difference means that higher rating player has bigger chance to win
That's why he gets less rating for the win (expected result) then weaker player would (low-probability result)

Now you and twitch want to ruin that with more rating reward and weaker players to fight for those at the top.

But playing mismatched battles is no fun not because you get low rating - but because it makes lower rating players feel frustrated and drop the game so you have no one to play against EVER.

Problem doesn't come from the fact, that bad mm doesn't let great ShahBlitz fight with other players - problem comes from the fact there are no players that have an army and skill that allow them to fight great ShahBlitz.
And pushing more cannonfodder towards you will not solve the problem

BTW - I just checked and atm top player has 2242 rating so he can face EVERYONE who got to last planet, and still not enough players to face. So extending rating range for MM will not be enough.

Edited by Gorzki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Players should be matched against each other based on lvl of their units, not their rank system. I often fight against weaker opponents who just got lucky to climb high, but when there is 2 lvl difference on generators and units, I don't even have to be careful, just spam units onto enemy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

intruz, that makes no sense

what reason you have to upgrade units then?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is a good game for those who started first, and who likes to beat the little ones
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Hoziain said:

This is a good game for those who started first, and who likes to beat the little ones

How so? eventually everyone will catchup. i had no doubt in my mind that one day i will face newer players who will eventually reach my level.

The only difference that time would be the experiance.

If you assume everyone who first played this game is power tripping, reach my  level and you'll see the problems up here. 

I understand your struggles. i had the same experiance too. its just... I never gaveup and kept going. 

I suggest you do too. 

I also pmed you before but you never replied. i said you have potential. and that hopefully you reach my level so we can 1v1 again. 

I hope you do reach my level someday :)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2018 at 7:44 PM, Hoziain said:

and what are we supposed to do?

just stop whining and level up

time to upgrade from 7 to 10 is shorter than from 10 to 11, so yoou will soon catch up enough to be winning with everyone at least from time to time

in time everyonw ewill be practically at the same level anyway

Edited by Gorzki