Sign in to follow this  
Baliw

Donations

Is there anyone who feel the same way about donations? Frustrating at times since you will need enough cards to upgrade your own units. And no matter how much you donate people are not so much  willing to donate back. You work hard to level up other players units, but don’t get to level your own unless you buy in the shop or get enough from chests.

I would like to point out maybe add some information like who donated to you (players names), which unit and x- amount.

Edited by Baliw
  • Like 2

That would be a good idea. There are a few in the clan that have the same problem you have, my advise donate cards you dont use. So for instance i normaly use flakkers, jetfighters and firestarters, i wont donate those cards (i use them myself) but if people are asking other cards ill donate as much as i can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Twitch said:

That would be a good idea. There are a few in the clan that have the same problem you have, my advise donate cards you dont use. So for instance i normaly use flakkers, jetfighters and firestarters, i wont donate those cards (i use them myself) but if people are asking other cards ill donate as much as i can.

Thank you bro Twitch. Yes indeed. Now I donate cards I have and don’t use like what you guys suggested in the chat ingame. Firestarters RIP they are still the same level as a month ago, so now I won’t be using them as much. And I believe the most popular used are going to take a long time to level up.

baliw, if you are only asking unit that everyone needs, then not only you will not get it, also you will prohibit other players from exping and getting gold. Of course you will not get any firestarters, no matter how often you ask for them and asking for them you just do not contribute to your alliance.

The whole problem stems from the fact that out of 21 non-elite units 6 are used by absolutely no one, so you can't get rid of them, 8 is used rarely and firestarters are used by basically everyone, so that leaves 6 popular units that everyone wants 4 to keep and 2 to donate.

Example:

some people use windy, some missiler and some flakker, so you will always find people willing to swap them around

everyone uses firestarter so no one will give it away

no one uses ogre, so you cannot give it away,
If ogre was on par with tank some people would went for ogre some for tank and they would swap blueprints between them.

If weaker units were balanced that donating would be easier - but if balance would be changing too often you will find your expensive, upgraded deck got nerfed out of the blue and you will ragequit cause you just wasted a lot of gold.

And option to balancing with resetting the units level would be to costly to WG ever considering it (if for example your level 9 skyfighter gets nerfed, you get back all the blueprints and gold you spent - completely or only last level)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gorzki said:

baliw, if you are only asking unit that everyone needs, then not only you will not get it, also you will prohibit other players from exping and getting gold. Of course you will not get any firestarters, no matter how often you ask for them and asking for them you just do not contribute to your alliance.

The whole problem stems from the fact that out of 21 non-elite units 6 are used by absolutely no one, so you can't get rid of them, 8 is used rarely and firestarters are used by basically everyone, so that leaves 6 popular units that everyone wants 4 to keep and 2 to donate.

Example:

some people use windy, some missiler and some flakker, so you will always find people willing to swap them around

everyone uses firestarter so no one will give it away

no one uses ogre, so you cannot give it away,
If ogre was on par with tank some people would went for ogre some for tank and they would swap blueprints between them.

If weaker units were balanced that donating would be easier - but if balance would be changing too often you will find your expensive, upgraded deck got nerfed out of the blue and you will ragequit cause you just wasted a lot of gold.

And option to balancing with resetting the units level would be to costly to WG ever considering it (if for example your level 9 skyfighter gets nerfed, you get back all the blueprints and gold you spent - completely or only last level)

Appreciate your oppinion.

Honestly I gave up on asking for donations for firestarters. In return I have no firestarters to donate either. Which lead to me using other common units instead.

But what I would like is some information on who sent donation, the x amount that was sent to me. That way I can keep a track on who is being helpful in the alliance. In return when I have units the person is requesting I will be prioritizing his needs over others who doesn’t donate at all.

When i just joined alliance a month back, I sent everyone their requests. Every units. Even the once I use. My alliance are now sending units they don’t use and requesting what they need. So instead I request the most common units.

Edited by Baliw

Hence why i buy my units in the shop and go broke in the process :P:P:P

I actually bought half my firestarter blue prints since i know no one will donate. same goes for athena nowadays. i actually have given up requesting for my uncommon units since i know its a waste to do so. Hence why i focus on asking for common unit donations. i may get 3 to 8 donations on the popular ones but 3 to 8 is still 3 to 8 :):):)

• Like 1

Well people still give athenas ive found butfirestarters just buy in the shop, that will mean you are always broke and cant upgrade a lot of units. I still have 18 units to upgrade, but ive spend around 10k gold in firestarters and scrillas. 

• Like 1

that is this game revenue model if you dont know it yet. Visit shop and buy crystals or suffer

On 28.1.2018 at 6:15 AM, ShahBlitz said:

Hence why i buy my units in the shop and go broke in the process :P:P:P

I actually bought half my firestarter blue prints since i know no one will donate. same goes for athena nowadays. i actually have given up requesting for my uncommon units since i know its a waste to do so. Hence why i focus on asking for common unit donations. i may get 3 to 8 donations on the popular ones but 3 to 8 is still 3 to 8 :):):)

All good. I stop requesting and donating as much as I don’t have any to donate. In return I play less Warfair. But that’s okay with my work schedule and family life. And frankly I play too many other games atm. 

If I have a lvl 8 unit and have + amount of cards, then sure I’ll donate those extras I can.

On 28.1.2018 at 9:31 AM, Twitch said:

Well people still give athenas ive found butfirestarters just buy in the shop, that will mean you are always broke and cant upgrade a lot of units. I still have 18 units to upgrade, but ive spend around 10k gold in firestarters and scrillas. 

I’m underwhelmed with crystal and gold as well. Probably the lack of activity getting mission done and so on. Sometimes I only log in to open a chest and play a game so I have 2 chest available while one is unlocking and call it a day.

21 minutes ago, Gorzki said:

that is this game revenue model if you dont know it yet. Visit shop and buy crystals or suffer

I’m aware of the shop, thanks for clarifying the obvious.

Edited by Baliw

On a long term note, buying Crystals will become mandatory more so than as a option. Or win every tournament there is and save every crystal possible hahaha

Lvl 10+ units are gonna be an absolute nightmare... iam assuming 6k per upgrade :S:S

Edited by ShahBlitz
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ShahBlitz said:

Lvl 10+ units are gonna be an absolute nightmare... iam assuming 6k per upgrade :S:S

It's close to the actual number but not precise. 9_9

13 hours ago, TeslaNi said:

I feel a little tension here =DD ! I came with peace! 

KISS.jpg

I have no problems with anyone for the record, a reply is granted sometimes no matter the tone of the post.

11 hours ago, TeslaNi said:

It's close to the actual number but not precise. 9_9

Im gonne guess level 12 to 13 common units will cost us 50k gold!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Twitch said:

Im gonne guess level 12 to 13 common units will cost us 50k gold!

well...

200.gif

• Like 1

I never tried to be patronizing Baliw and you'd be surprised how often what I wrote is not obvious.

It is not about the fact that there IS a game shop what you seem to imply, I wanted to show broader perspective.

My comment simply was made to remind everyone that as it is free to play (and pay to win at that) game, there will be some elements of mechanics that will be designed to be bad for simple playing experience in order to "persuade" you to cough up more cash.
The tone of discussions was more about "how to make the game more fun" but that is not the way developer thinks. Developer wants more revenue, what means optimum between making game fun (so he has players) and milking them effectively.

So every idea that would makes your life easier, but cuts through revenue will be hard to implement