Sign in to follow this  
ShahBlitz

Map environment mash-up

It would be great to play on all the previous planets from time to time after staying at 2000+ in rating.

it can be quite Boring...

its like eye candy in a battle. you get a sense of nostalgia when you havent played on it since your days as a newbie and the environments are interesting to look at actually.

One way of going about this is for pvp battles you could randomize the environment whereas with pirates you can keep it on the same planet

anyhow, thought? opinions? anyone? :D

• Like 3

It's always a pleasure to bring people some good news! Our upcoming update includes this opportunity you were talking about, so even after 2000+ you'll be able to visit previous locations. And some new ones as well ^_^

• Thanks 3

How about being able to pick a map before you go to battle? Getting the same map over and over again becomes a bit boring.

10 hours ago, Baliw said:

How about being able to pick a map before you go to battle? Getting the same map over and over again becomes a bit boring.

I like this idea! But if you are playing versus a real player how would it work? Some maps offer advantages to certain strategies so it might be unfair if only one player decides.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I like this idea! But if you are playing versus a real player how would it work? Some maps offer advantages to certain strategies so it might be unfair if only one player decides.

I guess you mean how to implement the system? I don’t know since I’m no game developer ^^

I would imagine having a map selector at start. You pick the map you want to play. Then you proceed being matched with other players who picked the same map. If no matching is found within the 20-30 seconds, you’ll get matched with a pirate.

BEC39F39-2BC0-47CA-8815-710A1CCA734E.jpeg

Edited by Baliw
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Baliw said:

I guess you mean how to implement the system? I don’t know since I’m no game developer ^^

I would imagine having a map selector at start. You pick the map you want to play. Then you proceed being matched with other players who picked the same map. If no matching is found within the 20-30 seconds, you’ll get matched with a pirate.

BEC39F39-2BC0-47CA-8815-710A1CCA734E.jpeg

That wont work then the pool of players gets even smaller. Normaly i have 2 days in the new season where i meet players for pvp afther that 95% of my games are vs pirats. At the higher trofies people dont really getto pvp unless your really lucky!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Twitch said:

That wont work then the pool of players gets even smaller. Normaly i have 2 days in the new season where i meet players for pvp afther that 95% of my games are vs pirats. At the higher trofies people dont really getto pvp unless your really lucky!

Appreciate your oppinion. I think with a little bit communication be it ingame, the forum or voice com like discord, matching up with players is more then possible if you really want too. If you want against random players then you would just queue as normal. I play against pirates 8/10 times anyway. So to me that’s not a big deal concerning player pool.

Keep it simple
It may work like you choose what landscape you want to play.
If your opponent picked random, then it is your landscape

If opponent chose different, then it will be randomly selected between the two of them.
If both players have chosen random, system will pick random landscape but different than those 2 that were played in previous battle

Also I think that random choice would be good enough for most of the players