Sign in to follow this  
DamnGood

I don't get it...

Why units die when generator explodes? like last time my Ogre had almost full HP and he died anyway. I wanted to destroy another one and he moves so slow, I didn't want to lose it:/

27750468.jpg.f944d5b8eb33603386b02a39bf3c33ac.jpg

Edited by DamnGood
  • Like 2

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that will happen every time. This is an important part of the game balance. As you can see, generators are located pretty close to each other, so it would be unfair, if one of the strong units like Ogre or Scylla had an opportunity to destroy three generators one by one. I suppose you had an idea of your units being alive all the time, because when your generator explodes, they survive. However, this principle doesn't work backwards.  

af85f51460f1e66a379c47b4c5d0ff0c--third-trimester-fitness-memes.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like it, because I think it stops the game from snowballing. In PC RTS games, you often win by getting a small advantage and then snowballing it into an unassailable lead, which means that if you lose an early exchange you probably lose the game.

source.gif

In Warfair, if you lose a generator, your opponent loses units which gives you a possibility of making a comeback, especially if the opponent loses an expensive unit like the Helicopter (Scylla). It also means that if you have good tactics, you can create a situation where you only lose a very cheap unit (like Kamikaze or Skyfighter) and destroy a generator. So there is a risk / reward factor in play.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DamnGood said:

I wanted to destroy another one and he moves so slow, I didn't want to lose it:/

according to that scenario I could even win with several skyfighters hahaha

it would be 2 ez imo

Edited by 2thPaste
  • Like 1